Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I have fasciculations in my right calf and foot every time

Customer Question

Hi! I have fasciculations in my right calf and foot every time i'm rest. I have soma fasciculations on the rest of my body too. I went to a neurologista, and (without see the fasciculations) he did a lot o neuro clinica exams and told me he is 100% sure that I don't have a neurological desease. But one month later the fasciculations continue... I don't have any type of weakness or other simptom. I'm a 39 years old female and I'm very ansious.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: One month
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: nothing
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 months ago.

Hello.

Thanks for the question.

This is benign fasiculation syndrome.

It is harmless and can last week to months.

Anxiety makes it worse, so that needs to be treated.

Magnesium can help in some cases.

All of your electrolytes should be checked in my view.

And thyroid function tests.

Vitamin D as well.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas