Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Doctor
Experience:  10 years of experience.

Last year I fell and hurt my knee, it wasn't cut or anything

Customer Question

Last year I fell and hurt my knee , it wasn't cut or anything it just hurt and I had a burning feeling for a while .
Today I knelt on our carpet and it felt like I had knelt on glass
Any other dea
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: The burning in s on and off since last year , also I have a tightening behind my leg
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not really but I do kneel a lot at work
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 months ago.

Where did you kneel on the carpet? Was it on the edge of the carpet or along a seam in the carpet? Do you have pain in your knee now when you walk?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No it was on the main part of the carpet and I have a small amount of pain but my knee now aches and is swollen
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 months ago.

Hmm. This sounds concerning. It is possible that you may have an acute infection of the knee from either something that entered the knee when you kneeled down. Or you may have something such as a gout flair up causing this pain and swelling. This would be considered an urgent problem that you need to get in to see a doctor immediately about. I would recommend that you go to an urgent care center or the emergency room. They will need to do an examination and an x-ray of your knee to see if you need to have an aspiration of your knee or be started on antibiotics. You cannot delay this treatment as an infection of your knee could cause severe mobility problems in the future. Hope this helps.