DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am 78 yrs old, I experience sweating profusely and then

Customer Question

I am 78 yrs old, I experience sweating profusely and then when that goes away, of course, I get cold. I have some diarrea but otherwise feel ok.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 3 months ago.

Hi

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

Extreme sweating can have various reasons including cardiac,hormonal,infective and some tumors.

If you have develop this sweating suddenly you need to get it investigated. Most important thing would be to have an ECG, and blood glucose level checked at the earliest. I would suggest you to visit your nearest ER if this has occurred suddenly.

If this is going on for some time then you can get it investigated through your GP and have above mentioned test and thyroid profile as well. Further investigations will depend upon the findings of your examining physician.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards