Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

Is Dilaudid stronger than morphine?

Customer Question

Is Dilaudid stronger than morphine ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for this question. The answer to your question is that YES, dilaudid is stronger than morphine. About 7.5 mg of dilaudid is equivalent to about 30 mg of morphine sulfate. However morphine is relatively longer acting so a better option for chronic pain. However both are good painkillers, it depends for what purpose they are being used.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/