How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 18123
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Picture DR., MD, Board Certified Physician Satisfied

Customer Question

DR. THOMAS, MD, Board Certified Physician
Satisfied Customers: 63713
Experience: Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
You can go to the state medical board web site of the state that you are in and file a report on the site; or call the board and they have a special department/person for filing reports on the phone.
Then they will investigate.
Takes about 5 minutes.
You can generally file as a patient or anonymously.
Good luck
Please click ACCEPT to give answer credit. Ask more if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only.
Customer reply
What about the criminal reporting?
DR. THOMAS, MD, Board Certified Physician
The state would refer that over if appropriate.
You can also report this to the state attorney generals office if you think it is criminal.
Good luck again
Please click ACCEPT to give answer credit. Ask more if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only.
Chat now with a Doctor's Assistant
Pearl Wilson
Doctor's Assistant
Pearl Wilson
Welcome! How can I help with your medical question?
I actually have a genuine concern. My mother-in-law literally fakes her "fibromyalgia" to get pain pills. The doctor she and her husband see is prescribing them way too many pain pills. She has become seriously dependent on them and so has her husband. When she told me she might be sent to pain management, I told her it would be good for her. When she asked why I told her because they drug test her every single time and will know what her levels are and if she has something in her system other than what they prescribed or too much or too little, they'll cut her off. She now refuses to go and said she refuses to give up her norcos and somas. This quack prescribed her 180 10 mg norcos a month and her husband 120 10mg norcos a month. They might end up overdosing. Clearly they are addicted and it needs to be stopped. They honestly do not have anything wrong with them. They take them to speed up too. This is serious and I don't know what to do. How can this doctor be stopped?
I literally live in pain every day. I have tons of medical problems. I have arthritis, tendonitis, degenerative disc disease, scheuremanns disease, carpel tunnel, ovarian cysts, a blood clotting disorder etc. some days it's hard for me to walk but I still chase after my 2 yr old and go above and beyond working as a server in a fine dining restaurant and working banquets and 14 hr shifts. All I take is Motrin or Naproxen. I don't ever want to get addicted to anything like that. I wish there was something stronger than Motrin but was not addictive.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 8 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

This post is confusing. It looks like a previous question has been pasted into this question.

Is this a continuation of a previous question?

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 8 months ago.

I had asked for some clarification of the post and have not heard back. However I can address the questions about something beyond the Motrin or Naproxen.

There are several options to consider in this situation.

First, it is an option to consider a different anti-inflammatory medicine, several of which are available by prescription. It is not that another anti-inflammatory is "stronger" than Motrin or Naproxen, but instead that different anti-inflammatory medicines work better for different people.

Since you do not want to take anything that is addictive, that would exclude the use of opiates.

Another option, though, would be to use medicines that suppress the firing of the nerves that carry the pain message. The most commonly used medicines are certain anticonvulsants, such as gabapentin or pregabalin. Certain antidepressants also have been shown to help relieve chronic pain, including amitriptyline or duloxetine.

You asked in a separate question specifically about supplements. There are no supplements that are as effective as what I noted above. However, turmeric may help with inflammation. Glucosamine and chondroitin also may help with degenerative arthritis.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.