Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I fractured my tailbone. What is the approximate time I

Customer Question

I fractured my tailbone. What is the approximate time I should request off of work from my doctor. It's pretty painful. Thanks
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: A week. I fell down the stairs. Lying on my side helps it. Standing too long or sitting in the car makes it worse
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have a labral tear in my hip that may have been aggravated by the fall. But we just did a basic MRI
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Stan, here to help you.
Board Certified with 40 years of Patient Care. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 4 months ago.

A fractured coccyx will take 3-4 months to heal. Physical therapy will help minimize the healing time. So if you can request that much time off. I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please leave a positive rating of 3-5 stars. This is how I am credited for my response. Thank you and feel better.