DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

My 80 year old husband just fell on concrete and hit the

Customer Question

my 80 year old husband just fell on concrete and hit the back of his head. There is a circular spot about 2 inches across which is bloody. I gave him 2 tylenol and put an ice pack on it and told him not to go to sleep. what should I do now? ***** *****
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 8 months ago.

HI.

Thanks for coming to JA and I will be glad to help.

You are correct to ask.

He should be examined.

You should not take the responsibility for the possibility of a fracture, a bleed into the brain etc.

In this situation, one does not wait for the worst symptoms before getting an exam

It sounds like he hit hard.

If he did, exam is required.

Urgent care or ER.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas