Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

I was shaving palm trees last week on wedensday and

Customer Question

I was shaving palm trees last week on wedensday and thursday.. Saturday morning i woke up with a few pimple looking sores that looked like I may have been bit. By the end of the day they were all over arms and shoulders. (I was wearing a sleeveless shirt and the affected area is only what was exposed). The itching is out of control and it looks especially horrible.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: My health has been fine. I have been applying a Calomyn type lotion regularly which has helped with the itching.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no. Up until now, I didnt believe I had any allergies to speak of.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Stan, here to help you.
Board Certified with 40 years of Patient Care. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Probably ant bits. Try Benadryl cream and 1% Cortisone cream. Apply the Benadryl cream wait about 20-30 minutes and then apply the cortisone cream. Do this twice daily. You should get relief quickly. Both can be purchased without a prescription. I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please leave a positive rating of 3-5 stars. This is how I am credited for my response.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

How are you feeling? Have you started the medication I suggested?