Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

What could cause burping and increased heart rate?

Customer Question

A lot of burping and increased heart rate. I have been healthy and no idea why this is happening. I have not been feeling wall, had burping and increased heart rate tonight with dizziness. I don’t smoke and only drink on occasion.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 months ago.
There are many possible causes of burping, increased heart rate and dizziness. Some are minor, such as from anxiety/stress. But other causes can be more serious, such as certain heart arrhythmia. I ask about the actual heart rate and the blood pressure, because this information would guide whether this is something that requires more urgent attention. If the heart rate is only mildly elevated and the blood pressure is not dropping, then it is not as urgent to determine the cause of the symptoms. But if the heart rate is more significantly elevated or the blood pressure is dropping, that would be more of a concern and should be checked more urgently.