khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I have had throat tightness for 3 weeks now. Dr. just called

Customer Question

I have had throat tightness for 3 weeks now. Dr. just called with my labs. Blood work is normal and I have 2 nodules in my thyroid. 0.3 and 0.4. Trying to schedule an appt with Endo Dr. next. How serious is this? I fear the worst of course. My throat still hurts every day. Female, 36 years old.
JA: How severe is this?
Customer: My throat still feels tight 3 weeks later
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Had a baby 1 year ago so the Dr. first thought hyper/hypo thyroid but my blood work came back normal
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 3 months ago.

You need to have a fine needle biopsy for the nodules under the ultrasound to determine the diagnosis because it is not hyper/hypo.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was told that they don't biopsy unless its 1.5-2cm. Can they give anything for the pain?

Yes, that's right. Nodules measuring 1.0 to 1.5 cm favor biopsy. They should be monitored with periodic ultrasonography. You may take aspirin, naproxen, or ibuprofen. If it doesn't work, they would give you prednisone.