Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have been sick literally for 3 months and have had

Customer Question

I have been sick literally for 3 months and have had ultrasounds.... Cts... mrcp...endoscopic ultrasound and an endoscopy . I have had a sugar tolerance test which is good and all these other test were great. I have had major swelling in my stomach with an odd feeling I can't explain but the pain starts on upper about to the total lower part of my abdomen. I recently had a barium swallow ugi with follow through but the times on my images are in correct so I think that I didn't get enough time to really get a real result. His report conflicts in what he is saying. My intestines look strange also . I need help and I'm getting sicker everyday
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 10 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Could you provide more details about what is on the report vs what he is saying?

In what way do the intestines look strange?

I assume that you have also had blood tests of the liver and pancreas, correct?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have had all my blood work done and it's great with the only slightly higher level is the bilirubin... I'm concerned on how long empty test should take. My images look like my intestines are narrow and twisted but I didn't empty in the time i was there either even though the test says the barium reaches my colon in the time constraints. I also noticed the images had the times on them and I want even there at that time taking the pics yet. He said consider an element of GP but what he writes makes no since . I have been in so much pain for 3 months everyday and have not had the help I need . I wish I could show you my images so you can give me an answer. I need help

When an UGI with a small bowel follow-through is done, it is generally continued until the barium enters the colon. It usually is not done to follow the barium through the colon. So, it typically does not matter whether you emptied during the study.

If you have the report or the images in digital files, they can be attached to this discussion by using the icon on the tool bar that looks like a paper clip.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Take a look

There would usually be several more pictures than this.

Do you also have the report?

What time did you leave the facility?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have 33 images.. my appointment was at 10:15 and I went back to the xray depth and talked for a little while before I prepared for the test and images. I got to my car at 115.. I was finished with my drink aboutb 11:15 ..many of my images say 956..957..958 am and I wasn't ther..I can't send all the images but here is the report

Could you attach one of the images that preceded when the test was done?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm asking what you see in the images since I have not had real answers. This was the last image at 12:42 and I started taking images around 11 am

None of these images show any abnormalities of the small intestine. There are twists and turns to the small intestine, but that is normal.

However, if there are images that were obtained when you were not present, it is possible that the file was wrongly labeled, so that some or all of these images may not apply to you. If images done when you were not at the facility could be labeled with your name, then images obtained when you were at the facility could also be mislabeled. I asked about an image when you were clearly not at the facility to see if there are any other findings on the image to suggest that the images are from two different people.

The next test to consider would be a capsule endoscopy, which is essentially a tiny camera the size of a capsule that is swallowed and takes periodic pictures as it passes through the GI tract.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I see.. I don't have the image on my phone from the beginning but I can later in the day. I believe that test would be good also. It's very difficult to label what im feeling and along with the time frame that it's been. If we can continue this conversation later I will get the remaining images to show you. Thankyou

OK