DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

My UA had a urobilinogen result of 2 when all previous tests

Customer Question

My UA had a urobilinogen result of 2 when all previous tests were "normal"?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have seen my doctor (last Friday - that's when tests were done). I take Celexa, Atenolol, B12, Tarazadone (pardon my ignorant spelling).
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I went for right side and back pain like a gall bladder attack but I don't have a gall bladder anymore.
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: No injuries. I think junk food makes it worse - Ice cream mostly. Now I have no appetite.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 4 months ago.

Hi

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

Urobilinogen level of 2 is mildly elevated as normally it is between 0.2-1 EU . Now to comment whether it is something pathological or really to worry about you have to see if your urinary bilirubin is also high or not.If your urinary bilirubin is normal and your liver function tests are also normal then I would not be much worried and get it rechecked in a month or 6 weeks time.

The causes of high urobilinogen can be due to hemolysis of RBCs,liver injury,large hematoma with reabsorption of blood and increased production of urobilinogen.

So just check if you have any other abnormality in the urine or a deranged liver function and if none exist then don,t worry much and get it rechecked after 4-6 weeks.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you have any more question

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Good luck

Regards

Are you with me

Do ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards