Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I have had some sort of problem for 3 years, my symptoms are

Customer Question

Hi! I have had some sort of problem for 3 years, my symptoms are odd and vague and my pcp keeps prescribing me Prilosec and dismissing me.
My symptoms are
Dizziness (bp normal)
Loose stools (constant for 3 years)
Constant (upwards of 2000 times per day) burping, mostly small little burps I can "hide" but occasionally they can be heard, they seem completely unproductive and when I have an actual productive belch (rarely) it feels amazing (for like 3 seconds)
The burping is worse when I'm hungry, it is also bad right after I've eaten
I've gained 104 pounds in 1 year (the first year I had this condition)
I always feel bloated
I look pregnant now
No other stmptoms as far as I can tell although something I feel is worth mentioning, the Prilosec doesn't help at all, and things that normally cause "gas" like soda help my stomach to feel better ... I do not care for soda and rarely drink soda but sometimes I feel so bloated and queezy and I crave it, so I drink one and its better.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for coming to just answer.

I will be happy to help.

You need to have your thyroid function checked.

Hypothyroid can aggravate these symptoms.

YOu need an H pylori breath test.

This will gets for the ulcer bacterial that causes gastritis [stomach inflammation] and stomach ulcers.

Prilosec is not enough alone to treat this, if you have this bacteria, and you would need the correct antibiotics.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here