Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I have two stents placed two years ago, I recently had 13

Customer Question

I have two stents placed two years ago, I recently had 13 radiation treatments to my back to treat a basil Cell growth. What effects will the radiation have on my stents. The treatment was 8 weeks ago and the leasion resulting has not healed. I suspect an overdose of radiation but am not sure that is the case.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

The radiation treatment for the skin lesions on your back should not have any effects on your cardiac stents at all.

That sort of radiation can not penetrate deep enough to even get close to your heart.

I would not rush to think you had an overdose of radiation.......they watch that stuff very, very closely. Wounds from radiation therapy naturally take much longer to heal then regular wounds.

So. What is the take home message?

It sounds like you received excellent treatment and are doing as expected. You can put your worries on these issues behind you.

Of course, if you are concerned about the healing of your treated areas, have your MD take a look at them.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS