Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

I was just prescribed 5mg Buspar..once a day. I have BP that

Customer Question

I was just prescribed 5mg Buspar..once a day. I have BP that spikes for no apparent reason but is caused by anxiety. I can not tolerate BP meds so this was their next suggestion. I have notice that about 5-6 hours after a dose I start feeling anxious and irritable. I am also experiencing some tingling in my feet and legs. Does these side effects dissipate? Im not feeling much better but it has only been a few days
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This all started when I had a blood pressure spike a month ago and ended up in the hospital a few times. Xanax and Ativan work better without the side effects of this but I don't want to take a benzo. because of the addiction possibilities
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Buspar as you know is an anti anxiety medicine. It takes at least 3 weeks to get adjusted with such medicines. The effects you are having with this medicine are not very uncommon and are experienced by many people taking Buspar. My suggestion would be to keep taking it for at least 3 to 4 weeks and by that time you will stop getting these side effects. This is very much normal with these drugs. You have rightly avoided Xanax and Ativan. Please follow my suggestion and I am hopeful that everything will be alright soon. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards