Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

What save anxiety medicine can I take with out the side

Customer Question

What save anxiety medicine can I take with out the side affects is there any natural ones out there, I've been dealing with this for a year and a half.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 2 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your struggles with anxiety. Well most anxiety medications do have side effects but benzodiazepines have the least side effects however they do have the down side of being addictive if used over the long term. SSRIs can be very effectives in controlling anxiety however they do have side effects. you havent mentioned which drugs you have tried some of the drugs have minimum side effects. However since you are looking for natural remedies there are some options which can be tried,

Valerian root

Lemon balm

Exercise can also help in reducing anxiety

Apart from this meditation has been known to control anxiety effectively in many patients as well. Since drugs dont agree with you, then you can try using behavioural therapy or even cognitive behavioural therapy which has been known to control anxiety effectively in many patients. Most patients respond well to this form of therapy alone and dont need drugs at all. i would suggest that you discuss these options with your doctor and see if the natural remedies in combination with the therapy work for you.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,