Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have RLS and it started slowly but has become a daily

Customer Question

I have RLS and it started slowly but has become a daily occurrence. It usually starts around 6 p.m. and I take 1 mg of Ropinirole. It makes me a bit nauseous and now it will start during the day so I'm taking one mg during the day and once at night to sleep. There is no pain and it is mostly in my feet and legs. It is like a sensitivity feeling that I have to get up or rub constantly while sitting. I have used every cream including cream for RLS, without relief. This has become intolerable and I'm wondering if there are specific drugs that induce RLS? This started about a year ago and was at internals, now it is almost constant and it is happening faster and faster. Is there any answer or actual remedy that is available besides Ropinirole that can be gotten without a prescription? My problem is with the pharmacy. If I run out and my doctor is unavailable, I have been out of the drug and have actually been in tears since I can't sit or lay down. As soon as I sit, the sensations begin and I have to get up to stop it. I feel like I'm losing my mind. I'm hoping you have some advice? Jo Mcinnerney
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David

you need to get a refill of your ropinirole which is a good drug for restless syndrome which is also called Requip

another prescription drug is Sinemet which is very good for restless leg syndrome.

this is a very serious medical condition and needs to be treated with prescription drugs.

we think this is a nerve related condition similar to parkinsons nerve disorder. we don't think it is caused by medications.

medications like ropinirole and sinemet are medications can help parkinsons as well

over the counter medications are not very effective for restless leg syndrome.

do you have medicare insurance? you can't go back to see your doctor to get a refill of your medications?