Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

I thought the most common way someone contracts hpv 1 or 2

Customer Question

i thought the most common way someone contracts hpv 1 or 2 known as herpes is from skin on skin contact and that your always shedding the virus and it's especially easy to give to a man from a woman through oral sex in addition to regular intercourse even if a condom is used. i read that a man can have symptoms as early as 2 days after coming in contact with someone with hpv and early symptoms consist of soreness of the lower back, waist and legs. is this true?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Stan, here to help you.
Board Certified with 40 years of Patient Care. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Oral sex almost never transmits Herpes. The chances are 1/2500, especially since you were wearing a condom. When one partner has active lesions (blisters) it is possible but almost never, especially when a condom is used. I am here to answer any additional questions. Please leave a positive rating of 3-5 stars, this is how I am credited for my response.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how does oral sex never transmits herpes? that is how i got it , the guy who gave it to me had the blisters all over his mouth and i never knew about any stds so i didn't know thats what it was. the guy gave me oral. thats why i can't ever let my boyfriend lick me down there for fear that he will defenitely get it from me. even on google and the local pharmacist said the easiest way for a man to get herpes from a woman are through oral sex and skin on skin contact. and your telling me thats not possible? maybe i have to have open sores while I'm giving oral sex like the guy who gave it to me did? if there is a break in either person's skin that could transmit it too? i'm losing my mind worrying about going near anyone.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

I'm available for a live phone call.