Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I have a bee sting and may be allergic to it hw long after

Customer Question

i have a bee sting and may be allergic to it hw long after it has occurred does it take to know if it is not a problem
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 3 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

Immediately after bee sting you may have pain , redness , swelling , itching at the site of bite .

In most of the cases you may have only above mentioned symptoms .

In some cases when there is allergic reaction that extends someone can have hives , body rash , breathing problem , but this is less likely with single bite .

it would be good to have Tab Benadryl 25 mg twice a day for 5 days along with application of local Hydrocortisone cream that will prevent itching , redness .

So start Tab Benadryl .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-abid/