Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I have a pea sized lump on the underneath/outside of upper

Customer Question

I have a pea sized lump on the underneath/outside of upper right arm. It is hard, and feels deep but you can feel it when I raise my arm above my head. I went to my GP, she said that she doesn't know what it is, could be a lymph node, but she did not seem concerned and did no tests. I also presented overall low energy feelings and back and overall muscle/body aches. I also have developed a cough. I live in Denver where there are 1000's of doctors. Starting from scratch and just picking one off the internet seems scary to me but I am frustrated that my GP does not see this as something to check out. I also was a smoker for 30 years, I am 49 now. I have also developed a "smokers cough" that I have never had before. What should I do?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: 2-3 months now
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have psoratic arthritis and psoriasis. I recently went through fertility for 2 plus years, lots of hormone injections. I did have a baby girl on 12/31/25, she is healthy and is 7 months old now
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Stan, here to help you.
Board Certified with 40 years of Patient Care. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 8 months ago.

The lump sound like what is termed an "inclusion cyst" and is not a sign of cancer. The area that you are describing is not in a chain of lymph nodes either from the lungs or the breast. More in a moment.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 8 months ago.

Congratulations on your new baby girl. The lack of energy, body aches comes with "just having a baby, carrying her on your hip etc. The smokers cough should be evaluated by a Pulmonologist to make sure your years of smoking hasn't caused any permanent damage. Also consider perimenopause as part of your overall symptoms. I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please leave a positive rating of 3-5 stars. This is how I am compensated for my response. Thank you and enjoy your baby.