Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.

I have sharp and cramping pain on and off but everyday in my

Customer Question

I have sharp and cramping pain on and off but everyday in my upper left abdomen and lower right.
I have a very healthy diet. I take digestive enzymes and HCL before cooked meals. Take probiotics daily and I've seen a dr who ran a lot of tests and said nothing is wrong. The pain is also sometimes in the middle of my back. Sometimes sharp. Sometimes burning. Burping can give me temporary relief but it's a daily issue that will not resolve itself. The pain on as ale of 1-10 is usually low like a 2-3. But it's daily
I'm 46 yo. 5-10 165lbs. Follow a healthy lifestyle. I do not drink alcohol or coffee.
This started a few months ago and has been ongoing. The pain is never consistent but it is daily. Seems to be worse at night.
Please help. Chris.***@******.***.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also I have daily , usually after eating a greasy or dry feeling under my tounge. It is only temporarily relieved by drinking water. It subsides over time but comes back.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Many disorders can cause such symptoms. Any abdominal pain requires an examination by your doctor to look for any enlargement or abnormality in the organs which are present in the abdomen. After this an abdominal ultrasound scan is indicated.

Any abnormality in the gallbladder or pancreas need to be looked for since these disorders may cause some of your symptoms. And if these are all normal, then the pain may be due to a functional disorder such as irritable bowel syndrome. However a functional disorder can only be diagnosed when other disorders have been ruled out.

Therefore please do not continue with the daily pain, consult your doctor.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What about the greasy dry feeling under the tounge. Also would anything with the gall bladder or pancreas Show up on bloodwork. I've had a lot done but all comes back normal but my ldl was high.

Dear customer,

Such a feeling may be seen in patients having irritable bowel syndrome. Unfortunately blood investigations will not show anything in disorders of gallbladder or pancreas, except when there is an infection, in which case there may be a high white blood cell count.

Take care.