Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

I am a diabetic and have had stomach flu all day. My blood

Customer Question

I am a diabetic and have had stomach flu all day. My blood sugars are running at 239. I have taken my short and need to take meds. Will it be okay to take them and go to sleep.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 2 months ago.

Probably due to stomach flu chances are that absorption of nutrients and food intake will be on lower side.

As such required dose of medications and shot may be lower than normal.

If you have taken a low calorie dinner or missed your dinner you can miss your oral antidiabetic drugs for tonight especially if you have taken your insulin injection as prescribed.

Because hypoglycemia is more risky in short term than hyperglycemia.

I hope this helps

Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 2 months ago.

It's recommended to monitor your blood sugar levels in morning and then take your next dose of medicines and shot according to your levels.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.