Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

What is the duration of treatment allowed by FDA(US Health

Customer Question

What is the duration of treatment allowed by FDA(US Health laws) for drug buperinorphine hyderochloride in opiod substance abuse dependent patients?How long can patient be put on maintenance treatment to avoid relapse?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

There is no legal time limits or mandates placed on any medical treatments prescribed by a physician, including maintenance therapy to prevent opiod substance abuse relapse.

This is strictly between the doctor and patient.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS