Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

I had a recent endoscopy in April 2016 and was also tested

Customer Question

I had a recent endoscopy in April 2016 and was also tested negative for H. Pylori. The endoscopy showed mild antral gastritis and a small hiatal hernia. The gastro doc said it was mostly normal. I have had gnawing in my stomach for about 4 months. It is constantly gnawing, burning, sometimes stabbing a bit. I'm on Prilosec (20mg) every morning and take Pepcid AC twice per day. These medications help a bit, but this doesn't seem to permanently go away. My Gastro doc also said I have GERD but I have no heartburn, just stomach gnawing.
How do I permanently get rid of stomach gnawing, stabbing, etc.? I also have high anxiety and went thru a stressful divorce in January 2016. I have cut way back on caffeine (only 1 or 2 cups worth of coffee before a workout). This stomach gnawing/stabbing is very annoying and tiresome. What do I do next? I'm waiting for ultrasound results just in case with my Gastro doc. What is causing this gnawing?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 2 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

Sometime Gall stones or inflammation of gall bladder presents with Gnawing , stabbing in stomach .

Ultrasound will help to reach the final conclusion .

Meanwhile you should avoid high fatty meal , caffeine , chocolates and high refined sugar.

You should continue Pepcid please and reduce anxiety levels with exercise , pills this will also help you out .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,