Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Having the urge to poop all the time for the last few days?

Customer Question

Category: Medical
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have tried drinking more water, and eating more fiber rich food. The problem is that i feel the need to poop constantly for the past 4 days. I DO poop, but i strain, and its not a lot in amount, not normal. Consistency is normal though. Is this just constipation?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I dont want a live phone call sorry!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.

This is Dr. David

you could have inflammation of a hemorrhoid or proctitis inflammation of the rectum which could be causing you to want have bowel movements frequently.

constipation and hard stool can irritate hemorrhoids and cause proctitis.

there are prescription steroid creams and suppositories which can help calm down inflammation inside of the rectum which could help your symptoms

drinking more water and eating more fruits and vegetables and using stool softeners, eating prunes can soften your stools and help as well

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
would you recommend buying a stool softener and seeing if that does anything before going to the doctors? Can you recommend any specific medicine / brand to buy?

colace (docusate sodium) 100mg is safe to take one or two once or twice a day

eating prunes can help as well

soften the stools and avoid straining and drink more water and see if that helps

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com