Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

I was checking my blood pressure and it is 160/107,

Customer Question

I was checking my blood pressure and it is 160/107
JA: Is this consistent, or is there some fluctuation in blood pressure?
Customer: yesterday it was 140/100
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had steroid injections in my back yesterday and today I still feel like I'm just waking up in room
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 2 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. This is a very high blood pressure, it would come under the heading of hypertensive urgency which means that this would need to be managed at your local urgent care or ER. If you have any of the following symptoms,

Chest pain

Shortness of breath

Weakness or numbness in the limbs

Blurring of vision

Loss of consciousness

Then it would be classified as a hypertensive emergency warranting an IMMEDIATE ER visit. But given the high BP reading which you have right now, i would still recommend an urgent care visit to get this under control. uncontrolled BP this high can lead to heart attacks, strokes, damage to teh kidneys etc and that is why it should be managed as soon as possible.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.