Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I had an ultrasound done and have a 5cm cyst, also a 18 mm

Customer Question

I had an ultrasound done and have a 5cm cyst, also a 18 mm complex cyst arising from the power pole of the left kidney. It was also noted that i had a dromedary hump or a 2 cm complex solid nodule arising from the midpole of the left kidney. The renal cortical echotexture is overall greater than anticipated. Are these findings something to be concerned about. I have an appointment next week with kidney doctor to discuss the findings, but would like to hear from someone else.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hello

I am a double board certified doctor.

Welcome to justanswer.

Yes, this is a concern.

Bot***** *****ne, you need a CT with contrast of the kidneys.

If there is a separate blood supply to the complex cyst, and other feastures, then it can be cancer and needs to be removed from the kidney.

A urologist would also be valuable to consult at this time.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/