Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

My husband has A/F, cardiac failure, diabetes, CAD,

Customer Question

My husband has A/F, cardiac failure, diabetes, CAD, peripheral vascular disease & anxity/depression. He has been taking Targin 20mg for chronic pain for some time with good affect. He is now experiencing uncontrollable twitches which are affecting his whole body - been going for 1 1/2 hours now - BSL is 7.2, blood pressure is 114/47 which is a bit low for him. Is this a side effect from the Taegin & do I need to take him to the E.D. which will be an exercise in itself!!
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the question.

I am a double board certified clinical doctor and I will help you with this. Use reply for any questions.

it is not a usual side effect but can happen.

The drug can have neurological and muscular side effects.

If he has no other problems, you might want to call his doctor now.

He might want to lower the dose, wait or change the medication.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thankyou you have answered my question & given me follow up advice

Please click a positive at the top of the page. I hope a 5 as that is how we are paid.

Find me anytime.