DIEGO BONILLA
DIEGO BONILLA, Doctor
Experience:  Pulmonary/ Critical Care at Boston University
93381398

I have been on 10mg Escitalopram for four weeks then bumped

Customer Question

I have been on 10mg Escitalopram for four weeks then bumped to 20mg for two weeks; just beginning sixth week in total. I was placed on this for anxiety and to help me titrate off Clonazepam which I am prescribed .5mg. I have since developed depression and increased anxiety, apathy and intrusive thoughts. I have never felt this way in my life. I have brain fog and can't think. I've been on Escitalopram in the past at 40mg and never noticed any problems. Could there be an explanation for this? What would cause the brain fog, indifference and apathy? indifference, tearfulness, and anxiety?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hi.

I am happy to help.

4 to 6 weeks , as a rule of thumb, is enough time to give the adjustment period that might be needed for this mediation.

I think you are about there.

IT can be a side effect and the medication most likely needs to be changed.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 4 months ago.

Hello

This is Dr. Bonilla.

I understand your concerns.

How long have you had these problems? Do you take any other medications?