khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

Hope you're well. As to my upper back/shoulder/neck pain,

Customer Question

Hey doc. Hope you're well.As a follow up to my upper back/shoulder/neck pain, I've been noticing it still exists and have been recommended to see PT which I will next Monday. Whenever I sit and high over, it burns and tingles.My chief complaint at the moment is my weakness and numbness in my right hand. It seems to not function as well and I feel like I'm losing dexterity and/or less of a grip. Things are more challenging and I notice some challenges to grip, straighten my fingers as well as wrist weakness. I also feel general weakness in my right arm when moving things around. My muscles here just tire easily.Do you think this can be related to upper back pain I'm experiencing? Or something like ALS?I also notice whenever I contract a muscle anywhere in my body and then relax it, my muscles painlessly shake. I think this is a muscle tremor but it affects all my muscles. And in my Rogt side (bicep) it shakes a little more. What could be causing this?
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 4 months ago.

It seems to be cervical radiculopathy. A radiculopathy is a pathologic process affecting the nerve root. The causes of radiculopathy can be divided into compressive and noncompressive etiologies. The majority of radiculopathies arise from nerve root compression. The two predominant mechanisms of compressive cervical radiculopathy are cervical spondylosis and disc herniation. You should see an orthopedic surgeon to have exam and imaging studies.