Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

Was diagnosed with acid reflux last week. Have had few

Customer Question

Was diagnosed with acid reflux last week. Have had few attacks in the 2 a month. This was a doozy. Had the fire stomach..burping and nausea but not heartburn. Have been on Pepcid for about a week and things definitely coming along. Fire is nausea and just occasional burping. Now having said all that. I suffer severe anxiety issues so have now morphed this episode into either an ulcer or stomach cancer. Gee that anxiety takes off. Any words of encouragement or advice would be appreciated.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 2 months ago.

Hello again!

Now I find the first question second ....

Your history sounds more of a flare of gastritis ...

I think irritation of stomach lining ..

I do not have suspicion of stomach cancer and encourage you to relax here in that regard !!

Burning sensation / belching / nausea can be symptoms of gastritis and a stomach ulcer could be a potential...

Your rapid improvement with treatment is reassuring however

I would advise enough follow up to check for common stomach irritating infection of H.Pylori ...

If present that should be treated with dual antibiotic plus acid reducing treatment ...

I do not think that you need to persist in the health anxiety / worry however

I think it is very encouraging and reassuring that you responded so quickly to the Pepcid ...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or discussion

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Love your calm and reassuring manner. Something I can't seem to make myself hear on my own. Will try and work on the anxiety and think positively that if Pepcid is working, then it is probably NOT cancer. Have follow up with GP later this week.
You are just soooo nice !

Hello again,

Thank YOU for your kind words!

True however that the rapid improvement is a very good inducator that the issue is readily treatable ...not a sign of anything terrible like a gastric cancer ....

Let me know if you have any further questions

Best regards !!

Anthony Bray MD