Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

My left eye is bloodshot after suffering a migraine that

Customer Question

my left eye is bloodshot after suffering a migraine that lasted for 3-4 days
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

Blood shot occurs due to a subconjunctival hemorrhage. This happens when one of the tiny blood vessels in the membrane covering your eye bursts. It’s usually harmless and goes away in a few days to a couple of weeks. The hemorrhage itself is generally not painful. Generally migraine cause bilateral red eyes instead of blood shot in one eye. Sometimes sudden increase in blood pressure can cause this which is also associated with headaches. I would suggest you to monitor your blood pressure so that any such episode can be ruled out. Blood clot will eventually dissolve on its own so nothing to worry about that but cause should be known.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.