khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I guess I am trying to figure out if it's possible I have a

Customer Question

Hi. I guess I am trying to figure out if it's possible I have a sinus infection. I fi rst thought it was from the cavity that I need to get filled (going in monday to have that done}. But now I'm having pain in my ear that goes to one of my top teeth. It's a sore spot when I press on my cheek a the top. The pain is radiating down my neck. I not too long ago, maybe a week ago, got over a bad cold where I was congested, had bad coughing spells and a super sore throat. That's passed and now this has cropped up. Is it possibly this is lingering from that?
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: The symptoms have been here for almost a week now and feels worse. No fever.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I do suffer with bad allergies and the same ear seems to always have issues at some point. (right ear)
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 4 months ago.

It seems to be viral sinus infection because you don't have a fever. You should see your doctor to have exam and imaging studies if necessary. The treatment is saline nasal spray, nasal corticosteroids, decongestants, and pain relievers.