Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

It has been over 5 months since I broke my right wrist - the

Customer Question

It has been over 5 months since I broke my right wrist - the radius bone and a chip off the ulna bone. I cannot fully extend wrist up and or from side to side. Cannot make a tight fist and still some inflammation. I am 79 but in excellent health and take no medication except vitamins. I'm so limited and can't seem to make any headway. Help
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Stan, here to help you.
Board Certified with 40 years of Patient Care. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 4 months ago.

I'm so sorry that you did not get a resolution of your problem and that you continue to have pain and decreased motion. Try the exercises for your wrist in warm water (a bucket or sink filled with warm water). You may also get additional relief from using over the counter NSAIDS such as Aleve or Ibuprofen. I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please leave a positive rating of 3-5 stars. This is how I am credited for my response. Thank you and feel better soon.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 4 months ago.

One additional suggestion. Get a sponge ball that will fit in your hand and squeeze it 10 times in a row 3-4 times daily while your hand is in warm water.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
As I stated in my email....I have gone to PT several times and do pretty much what you have suggested. Again, my concerns and question is nothing is helping and there is still inflammation. The exercises I knows and do. If those are your only suggestions it would not be very helpful.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 4 months ago.

I also suggested taking anti-inflammatory medication such as Aleve or Ibuprofen. This over the counter medication will help reduce the inflammation and pain.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 4 months ago.

have you started taking the medication I suggested?