Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

I need to lose weight, I have gone to a size (australian

Customer Question

I need to lose weight, I have gone to a size (australian sizes) 14 and want to go back to a size 8 or even a size 10 would be fine. I'm just wondering if a doctor can tell me if this diet plan is good or bad. I was thinking if I make myself drink a bottle of water (750mL) before I allow myself a meal that would be good, maybe squeeze half a lemon in it. For breakfast 2 pieces of fruit (for example a banana and a grapefruit) with cereal (for example 4 weetbix) with skim milk. I buy the powder and mix a tbsp with water. Then for lunch another 2 fruit (for example an apple and a pear) and a sandwhich wholemeal and grain bread with lots of salad on it (for example some tuna from a can - springwater not oil, with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, celery and grated carrot) and one of those small pottles of diet yoghurt. Then for dinner two steamed potatos or a cup of cooked rice, with about a cup of mixed colour steamed veggies, and then for flavour I would add either some satay sauce or some canned chilli or can or ratatouille or something else like that. I don't really know how to cook that's why its mostly just fruit or things I can put in the steamer and add stuff from a can. I think it sounds pretty healthy and like I would lose weight but just wanted to check with a doctor that it's good enough. I also eat a tbsp of molasses off the spoon a day for extra iron and stuff and also I like the taste f it, kind'e like bitter licorice. What do you think? Oh yeah i am female, 29 almost 30, no known health problems just the excess weight. Thanks.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 4 months ago.

Hello

I'm Dr Chaithanya, experienced Physician attending you

I should appreciate how you formed your own diet

Very few people are self driven like you to achieve goal, what ever weight loss, or getting healthy

Now everything in your diet is fine

Starting a day with fruits is awesome,

The change I suggest is restrict fruits to morning times for breakfast, add an extra fruit in the morning, no issues, but avoid for lunch

Shift the dinner item -rice to lunch time, you can shift whole grain products to dinner.

Rest is all fine

Hope this helps

Please leave a positive rating at the top right corner of the page, the only way we experts are compensated for answering you

Follow up questions can be asked after the positive rating

You can get back to me any time here, http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

Any bonus is welcome and appreciated

Best Regards

Dr Chaithanya