Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I have been diagnosed with a sliding hiatal hernia also

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with a sliding hiatal hernia also gastritis. I have thrown up everyday for months and it just keeps getting worse. I have a lot of dizzy spells Kama not sleeping well, and very fatigued. About a week ago I noticed a tingling feeling on the top of my left rib cage and felt something moving. I felt it and it's almost like a baseball and it moves around it will protrude out and then go back in. I always know when it's getting ready to happen because it starts to tingle as if your hand went to sleep and is starting to wake up. It's concerning me because I'm not sure what it could be. I have also been experiencing shortness of breath
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

This is Dr. David

this sounds like you are feeling your hiatal hernia which is when your stomach slips through your diagraph and goes up into your chest

this can occur if you have abdominal obesity and increased abdominal pressure which can push your stomach organ up into your chest

over time, loosing weight, exercising and increasing your core abdominal muscle strength is the best way to reverse a hiatal hernia

if you can't do this, you may require surgery to fix your hiatal hernia which can be a big surgery.

weight loss and exercise over time would be better for you and easier to do.

has your doctor talked to you about exercise and weight loss?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No he has not. I know that I need a scope. I have experienced 50 lbs weight gain in the last eight months and I don't eat anymore and am a lot more active. He said the gastritis and my stomach problems can cause a lot of bloating and weight gain. Said I also have a lot of fluid. My concern is the big ball on my left side that moves around. Almost everyone in my family has passed away from cancer
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I also know that heart problems can mimic stomach problems
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have also taken way too many ibuprofen for many years for headaches which I know can tear up my stomach. Can this be dangerous if not fixed. Can't remember if I mentioned that I have thrown up every day for many months. I am seriously concerned

stomach gastritis can be fixed by stopping your ibuprofen and taking stomach acid reducing medications.

your symptoms of vomiting sound like from severe hiatal hernia

and not from cancer or heart problems.

it sounds like this big ball is your stomach in your belly possibly moving around.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have been on prescription medication for acid reflux for years but does not help. So this is something that needs to be fixed soon? I always put things off but I know this is serious

you can live with hiatal hernias for months but you need to work on being active and loosing weight

you need to get your stomach inflammation under control

you need to start to exercise everyday.

this will help you loose weight and help improve your abdominal core muscle strength which can help reverse your hiatal hernia.

if you have distention of your bowels, you need to be checked for inflammatory bowel disease or bowel allergies which can cause bowel distention and abdominal distention.

allergies to gluten or milk lactose or dairy can cause bowel distention and abdominal distention.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using