Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

MY HUSBAND SWALLOWED APLUM PIT HE IS I GREAT PAIN HE HAD A

Customer Question

MY HUSBAND SWALLOWED APLUM PIT HE IS I GREAT PAIN HE HAD A gysT TEN YEARS AGO . cAUSE FOR CONCERN?
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: NOTHING HAD THE PAIN SINCE YESRTEDAY WITH SLIGHT FEVER
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: NO
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 6 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your husband. Can you specify where does he have pain exactly? chest or abdomen? Any vomiting or breathing difficulties? And what procedure did he have ten years ago?

Since you seem to be offline, ill leave a response which we can discuss later on

Well from what you are describing it sounds as if the plum pit has gotten stuck in his oesophagus, which would cause pain in his chest and upper stomach region. This can also cause burning sensation in the chest or even a stabbing pain in the chest. If this is the case and the pain is worsening with time, then the only viable option would to go to urgent care and have this evaluated. It is even possible that the pum pit rather than getting stuck in the oesophagus, has damaged the lining of the oesophagus which would cause bleeding and pain as well. in most cases this would be treated with drugs like Prilosec but since the pain is severe then he would need IV omeprazole as well as a possible endoscopy to look inside the oesophagus itself.

The fever can indicate that there is development of an infection as a result of this problem and if so that again is an URGENT indication that you need to take him to an urgent care center or the ER for immediate endoscopy and possible removal of the pit. Considering the pain as well as the fever, you should DEFINITELY take him to the ER for immediate evaluation.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/