Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.

I am a female of 49 age. my recent medial analysis shows

Customer Question

hi Doctor..... I am a female of 49 age. my recent medial analysis shows vitamin D level is 7.34 while serum calcium is 10.7, serum ionized calcium is 1.48. Thyroid Function tests are all normal. I have severe pain all over my body specially bones and joints. please advise. Thank you. Hanan
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: about 10 months is a kind of attacks, sometimes my legs, my arms, my fingers...
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: yes, I have mild osteoporosis (AP Spine L1-L4) and forearm. other problem with my right shoulder (lateral actomion down slopping, supraspinatus tendenopathy. also bony lesion, left adnexal cyst, mild pelvic collection and right femoral neck small area of altered signal intensity (bone cyst).
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 3 months ago.

Dear Hanan,

Thanks for your question.

Are you going through menopause?

Did you do alkaline phosphatase, what was the value ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I believe yes it is the age of menopause though I am still having my period normally most of the time. I did not do alkaline phosphatase
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the additional information.

Many a times we see ladies going through menopause or those approaching menopause develop these types of symptoms of pains all over the body with no set pattern.

Use of supplements like evening primrose oil and isoflavones which mimic he action of estrogen ( estrogen becomes deficient in menopause) may help to an extent.Regular physical activity is also expected to help.

Vitamin D deficiency is also one possible cause and needs to be corrected by taking vitamin d supplements.

You also need to have a basic rheumatology profile tested which would include tests for rheumatoid factor, anti ccp antibody, esr, crp ,uric acid and ana tests.

Please reply f you need any clarification.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Rheumatoid Factor is normal (8) and anti ccp antibody is normal (7) uric acid is normal (3.5)... is there any extra tests needed ?? I also have a kind of deformation in my hand fingers
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 3 months ago.

Rheumatoid tests being normal is a good thing.

You do not need any more tests .Please follow the advice I have given earlier.