Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I was being treated by a physiatrist and prescribed valium

Customer Question

I was being treated by a physiatrist and prescribed valium anxiety 40 mg daily. I am a recovering alcoholic (he knew this) and this dr. keep me on this med for nearly a year. Now my new physiatrist wants me off of it. I have become addicted to it and going thru hell and this will take a months detox off this drug. It has also affected my desire to drink again. Help
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hi

thanks for requesting me

What is your question?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was being treated by a physiatrist and prescribed valium anxiety 40 mg daily. I am a recovering alcoholic (he knew this) and this dr. keep me on this med for nearly a year. Now my new physiatrist wants me off of it. I have become addicted to it and going thru hell and this will take a months detoxoff this drug. It has also affected my desire to drink again. Help
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

What is your question and how can I help you?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.