Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center

Got up this morning and felt nauseous - 't feel as though I

Customer Question

Got up this morning and felt nauseous - don't feel as though I will vomit. What causes this? I had the same experience a day or so ago too.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 months ago.

I am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified US doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.

Many possible causes.

Bad diet

Stomach emptying problem.

Bad food.

Viral infection.

Small bowel problem.

Brain problem.

No way to narrow this down without a history and physical.

I suggest, since this is a new , undiagnosed symptoms, that you do that next.

If you are a male or female 40 or over, i suggest an EKG during one of these episodes.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 2 months ago.

I have a different answer for you

• The above list is too broad and unrealistic
  • Two episodes of morning sickness with no other reported symptoms are unlikely to be related to brain issue, angina. EKG during these episodes is not needed
  • The most common reason for this would be Gastritis, or gastroenteritis, most commonly related to food poising
  • It is premature to blame it on ulcer, but this needs to be considered if symptoms recur for long time.
  • If you are a young female and pregnancy is possible, get a OTC pregnancy test
  • You should stay well hydrated and avoid fatty food for 2-4 days. If you symptoms do not resolve by then, then check with your family doctor for further clinical evaluation and testing

Best wishes