Experience:  Pulmonary/ Critical Care at Boston University

I have a giant laceration on my knee from tting it against a

Customer Question

I have a giant laceration on my knee from hitting it against a metal edge. i stopped the bleeding and applied penicillin powder to the wound and patched it with some gauze and tape. a little bit later i checked on it and applied antibiotic cream to it and covered it once more. My concern is that the wound is at least a 1/4 of an inch thick and its on my knee which i constantly bend whilst walking resulting in it spreading. Problem here is, i know i need stitches but im only 15 and my stubborn mother wont bring me to a medical facility. I have to close this soon i imagine or i will probably end up with a nasty scar. It has been about an hour or two since it happened. I need some suggestions as to what i can do. I was thinking of closing it with superglue or stitching it myself (I know this is dangerous as im not a medical professional nor do i have the proper tools, but i really dont want a massive scar)
Category: Medical
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 3 months ago.

This is Dr. Bonilla.

I understand your concerns. You need to go to a medical facility to be evaluated. In your case stitches, tetanus shot and a proper wound cleaning may be necessary. Don't do it by your self or you can end with a bad infection.

Please rate my answer.