Experience:  MBBS, FCPS

My mom is 53 years old and is suffering from head swings and

Customer Question

my mom is 53 years old and is suffering from head swings and nasea. She weighs 107 lbs and her height is 5 ft 1 inch. She feels like the room is spinning and she doesn't rest well during the day. Can you help me please
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: well it started a week ago. no nothing particular
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: last year my cholesterol level was high. but since then i have been on a strict diet. and 2 to 3 weeks ago i had the flu with a lot of coughing
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

There are two possibilities to consider here

A possibility of an ear problem should be considered as this might be an internal ear problem.

A viral infection is also a possibility which can cause these symptoms

Another thing is a high blood pressure which should be ruled out as well

I would suggest that she may take some anti-histamine for her spinning head,but more importantly she need to see the doctor for an evaluation.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you have any more question

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating