Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center

I think I may have the flu. I'm aching and fevering real bad

Customer Question

I think I may have the flu. I'm aching and fevering real bad this morning.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

what is your temp?

Are you nauseated?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 months ago.

Acheing and fevering is classic for flu.

It is not flu season however.

So there are many other problems that can cause this.l

Flu like virus

Other infection, bacterial or viral.

If your fever is over 101, then I suggest this is more acute.

We can not examine you so I suggest that since this is off season you get an exam at this point.

The treatment for flu or viral infection is rest, fluids, etc.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent [5]—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here

Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 3 months ago.

Hi there

• It is most likely flu, although the information you provided is not enough to advise you about the need for exam or waiting it out. You most likely can wait for an exam
  • Just being off season, is not enough justification for an ER or doctor visit. Flu is still seen in the summer though infrequent
  • You need rest, stay well hydrated, may use tylenol for fever, may use claritin for runny nose. If you develop cough with greenish/yellowish sputum, then you need to be evaluated as you might need antibiotics
  • The information requested by the first expert would still be helpful

Best wishes