Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
16855155

Pearl! Found out in June 2016 that I have chlamydia. My

Customer Question

Hi, Pearl! Found out in June 2016 that I have chlamydia. My boyfriend claims he might've gotten it back in January 2014. Can chlamydia stay that long in his system?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Hi, are you there?
JA: No. I'm the Doctor's Assistant.
Customer: Yes, we were both prescribed some antibiotics. It's just that I've been feeling a little low lately and wanted to know if he's being totally honest with me. Could the bacteria stayed in his system this long?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: There's no medical history I could think of that my doctor should know
Category: Medical
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 7 months ago.

Hi there

• Chlamydia is very prevalent. It is possible for a male partner to have it before and to get reinfected after initial treatment. It is possible for him to carry it for that long. If you have been together since, you would have acquired it long time ago.
  • It is easily treatable and both partners need to be treated

Let me know if you need any more clarifications. If this answers your question, please complete the rating above. It's how we get credit for the service. Best wishes