Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

I experiemced cardiac arrest 3 mths ago.cpr broke a number

Customer Question

I experiemced cardiac arrest 3 mths ago.cpr broke a number of ribs.because of blood thinners i was bleeding into the right lung which was drained (800 ml)i have recently caught a chill and developed a heavy dry cough, which i feel has undone most of the healing.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: 2_3 days..bit of a fever and general feeling unwell
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have AF.cardio balloned no stens and medication is lanoxin 250mg coversyl 2.5 mg spiractin 12.5 mg xarellto 20 mg in the morning once a day
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 3 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now from what you are describing it sounds like that you may have developed an infection of the lungs or the lower respiratory tract. this is evident from the coughing which you are experiencing as well as the fever. This could be sign that you may hve developed pneumonia, which can be bacterial or even viral in nature. If this is the case then you would need a chest xray and a clinical examination to diagnose the problem. Once diagnosed you would have to be treatd with the help of antibiotics.

Another cause of these symptoms can be severe bronchitis which is essentially inflammation of the airways which can lead to repeated bouts of dry cough as well as shortness of breath. This can in turn also cause chest pain and a fever as well. This can be treated with the help of antibiotics, steroids or even inhalers.

Now since you are on a number of medications for the atrial fibrillation including anticoagulants, you do need to go see your doctor and possibly get a chest xray done. It is also possible that you may have developed rib fractures once again due to the repeated coughing but tht is less likely here, but you do need a clinical examination and for that you will have to visit your doctor. I would suggest that if you can do so today that would be best and if not visit an urgent care center ASAP.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.