Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

My son, age 57, complains that the right side of s face is

Customer Question

My son, age 57, complains that the right side of his face is numb and that he cannot taste on the right side of his mouth. He also complains that his muscles on the right side are decreasing in volume and strength. What could be causing these issues?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 10 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

This could be because of facial nerve palsy , this nerve supply face and also taste in half of tongue .

It would be ideal for you to have clinical examination , for exact diagnosis and appropriate management .

Good luck .

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-abid/