Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

My husband noticed some kind of bug bite on s arm yesterday

Customer Question

My husband noticed some kind of bug bite on his arm yesterday it has a huge red circle around it in the night he had a headache became feverish still not feeling well should he be seen?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 9 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your husband. The fact that he is developing a fever and there is redness on the arm around the area of the bite DEFINITELY means that he needs to be seen by his doctor as soon as possible. This could be a sign of an infection setting in his arm which would need antibiotics to be dealt with. Another cause of the symptoms could be related to an allergic reaction to the bug bite, sometimes it can be delayed by upto 24 hours and in that case OTC antihistamines would be needed to solve the problem like claritin or zyrtec.

But the fact that he is developing systemic symptoms like fever, headache means that he needs to be seen as soon as possible. If his doctor cant see him today then take him to the urgent care center or the ER. But do have him evaluated ASAP.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.