Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am sweating profusely when I sweat, dripping and I never

I am sweating profusely when I sweat , dripping and I never used to even just last year I didn't sweat so much when I sweat
I read that this can be thanks to cad or some type of smoke related arterie disease possible ? I smoke bout a pack and a half a day
I am constantly sticky and sweaty under light exertion dripping sweat when exerted lightly anything I can do to change this ? Is it the cigarettes ? My eating habits lifestyle sedentary when not working no exercise etc what can I do

Hi and thanks for the query.

Sweating can occur during periods of increased sympathetic activation, which smoking causes. So, yes smoking can cause profuse sweating. So, can a sedentary lifestyle, which when subjected to light exertion can cause the body to over react.

I would suggest that you cut down on your smoking habit and add more exercise to your life style.

That should alleviate the problem.

Eating habits seldom cause profuse sweating, but try to maintain a healthy diet due to its numerous other health benefits.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.