Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have a umbilical hernia that three doctors say and one

Customer Question

I have a umbilical hernia that three doctors say and one doctor was from uva hospital I should not have repair do the my otherhealth problem. I am in pain up on standing will the umbilical support belt help. I need help
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

It is always better to get it fixed surgically however if surgery under anesthesia is not possible because of other diseases you can use abdominal support belt. Trusses, corsets, or binders can hold hernias in place by placing pressure on the skin and abdominal wall.They are often used in older or debilitated patients who have an increased risk to undergo surgery and when the hernia defect is very large.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.