Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Have a very small piece of glass i think stuck in my heel 6

Customer Question

have a very small piece of glass i think stuck in my heel 6 weeks now. It has healed over. no swelling no lump, just pain when i walk on it after a little while. cant see exactly where it went it but the general area. will it come out on its own over time? should it be surgically removed (but cant see it its so small and was glass)
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 7 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

You will probably need to have a surgeon help you get it out.

There is a better chance it will move deeper rather than work itself out at this point.

The good news? A surgeon should be able to get it out pretty easily.

Make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.